Adult and continuing education in Norway / Sturla Bjerkaker
- Bjerkaker, Sturla
- Bielefeld, Germany : W. Bertelsmann Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, [2016?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Introduction -- Historical development -- Political and legal framework -- Financing adult and continuing education -- Institutions -- Provision -- Participation -- Staff and professionalism -- Research and higher education -- International framework.
- The European arena of lifelong learning offers rich country-specific portfolios of historical trajectories, policy frameworks and practical evidence of adult and continuing education. This book provides an introduction to the case of Norway and outlines the key features of the Norwegian system alongside issues such as political and legal agendas, schemes of participation, provision and financing or trends in professionalization, research areas and transnational linkages. Through the lens of adult and continuing education, the author invites researchers, practitioners, students and persons interested in international-comparative perspectives to a tour d'horizon of the Norwegian lifelong learning landscape.
- Knowledge Unlatched
View MARC record | catkey: 27681873