Moving ourselves, moving others : motion and emotion in intersubjectivity, consciousness and language / edited by Ad Foolen [and others].
- Amsterdam : Philadelphia : John Benjamins Pub. Co., 2012.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Foolen, Ad.
- Consciousness and emotion book series ; 6
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- pt. 1. Consciousness -- pt. 2. Intersubjectivity -- pt. 3. Language.
- The close relationship between motion (bodily movement) and emotion (feelings) is not an etymological coincidence. While moving ourselves, we move others; in observing others move - we are moved ourselves. The fundamentally interpersonal nature of mind and language has recently received due attention, but the key role of (e)motion in this context has remained something of a blind spot. The present book rectifies this gap by gathering contributions from leading philosophers, psychologists and linguists working in the area. Framed by an introducing prologue and a summarizing epilogue (written by.
- 9789027274915 (electronic bk.)
9027274916 (electronic bk.)
- Knowledge Unlatched
View MARC record | catkey: 27682384