Europe (in theory) / Roberto M. Dainotto
- Dainotto, Roberto M. (Roberto Maria), 1962-
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (270 pages)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Introduction : a pigs eye view of Europe -- The discovery of Europe : some critical points -- Montesquieu's north and south : history as a theory of Europe -- Republics of letters : what is European literature? -- Mme de Staël to Hegel : the end of French Europe -- Orientalism, Mediterranean style : the limits of history at the margins of Europe.
- A postcolonial study of eighteenth-and nineteenth-century theorizations that have informed the dominant idea of Europe, a concept that has marginalized the southern "other" within it's own borders.
- 9780822389620 (electronic bk.)
0822389622 (electronic bk.)
9780822339052 (electronic bk.)
0822339056 (electronic bk.)
0822339277 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
9780822339274 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Knowledge Unlatched
- Copyright Note:
- This work is licensed by Knowledge Unlatched under a Creative Commons license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/arr/4.0/legalcode
View MARC record | catkey: 27682815