Civil rights, culture wars : the fight over a Mississippi textbook / Charles W. Eagles
- Eagles, Charles W.
- Chapel Hill : The University of North Carolina Press, 
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (298 pages, 4 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations, portraits
- HeinOnline UNC Press law publications
HeinOnline civil rights and social justice
- Conflict: combating ignorance -- Textbooks: their history, role, and importance -- Histories: earlier Mississippi history textbooks -- Writers: Jim Loewen, Charles Sallis, and their team -- Project: development and writing of conflict and change -- Reception: reviews and reactions -- Controversy: rejected by the textbook purchasing board -- Case: preparing the legal challenge -- Trial: Loewen v. Turnipseed in federal court -- Change: the book's effects and the culture wars.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-288) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27687936