Trick mirror : reflections on self-delusion / Jia Tolentino
- Tolentino, Jia
- New York : Random House, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 303 pages ; 25 cm
- The I in the internet -- Reality TV me -- Always be optimizing -- Pure heroines -- Ecstasy -- The story of a generation in seven scams -- We come from old Virginia -- The cult of the difficult woman -- I thee dread.
- A writer at The New Yorker examines the fractures at the center of contemporary culture. In each essay, Tolentino writes about a cultural prism: the rise of the nightmare social internet; the advent of scamming as the definitive millennial ethos; the literary heroine's journey from brave to blank to bitter; and the punitive dream of optimization, which insists that everything, including our bodies, should become more efficient and beautiful until we die.
- 0525510540 (hardcover) and 9780525510543 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 297-303).
View MARC record | catkey: 27688265