Teachin' it! : breakout moves that break down barriers for community college students / Felicia Darling
- Darling, Felicia
- New York, NY ; London : Teachers College Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 193 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Breaking down the problem -- Educators are experts, improvisational artists, researchers -- Community college students: their stories and challenges -- Instructor and student mindsets that bolster student success -- Building up a shared base of knowledge -- Ed psych theory, 2.0 -- 21st century learning: active, inquiry-based, collaborative -- Improving retention & engagement for first-year black male -- Moving beyond access: cultivating college skills and -- Supporting the success of multilingual students -- Teaching college and career skills in ways that dignify -- Beyond the classroom.
- "From a former homeless, first gen college student, now a Stanford alum and community college instructor, comes a sensitive and powerful set of understandings and strategies to support the success and dignity of community college students while helping them to overcome the challenges that they often bring along with their distinctive assets"--
- 9780807761588 (paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27688787