Intimate relationships across cultures : a comparative study / Charles T. Hill, Whittier College, California
- Hill, Charles T., 1943-
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 256 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Advances in personal relationships
- Introduction: why was this book written? -- How do we know what matters in intimate relationships? -- Why do people seek intimate relationships? -- How are intimate partners selected? -- What is love and how is intimacy expressed? -- How do sexual attitudes and behaviors matter? -- What are the dynamics of exchange and power? -- How do couples cope with conflict? -- How do external factors matter in intimate relationships? -- How do intimate relationships relate to well-being? -- How do the predictions combine in comprehensive models? -- How much do the levels of factors vary? -- What are the implications of the study? -- How might the findings apply to other social relationships? -- Epilogue: what future research is needed? -- Intimate relationships questionnaire -- Glossary of statistical terms -- Boston couples study publications -- References -- Author index -- Subject index -- .
- 9781107196629 hardcover alkaline paper, 1107196620 hardcover alkaline paper, 9781316647400 paperback, and 1316647404 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27688892