A Primer on Quantum Computing [electronic resource] / by Franklin de Lima Marquezino, Renato Portugal, Carlile Lavor
- de Lima Marquezino, Franklin
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- X, 109 pages 50 illustrations, 4 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Portugal, Renato, Lavor, Carlile, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Bits and Qubits -- 3. Grover's Algorithm for Unstructured Search -- 4. Shor's Algorithm for Integer Factorization -- 5. Quantum Walks -- 6. Conclusion and further remarks -- Index -- .
- This book is about quantum computing and quantum algorithms. The book starts with a chapter introducing the basic rules of quantum mechanics and how they can be used to build quantum circuits and perform computations. Further, Grover's algorithm is presented for unstructured search discussing its consequences and applications. Next, important techniques are discussed such as Quantum Fourier Transform and quantum phase estimation. Finally, Shor's algorithm for integer factorization is explained. At last, quantum walks are explained in detail covering both the discrete and continuous time models, and applications of this techniques are described for the design and analyses of quantum algorithms.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 27689151