Menstrual Cycle Related Disorders [electronic resource] : Volume 7: Frontiers in Gynecological Endocrinology / edited by Sarah L. Berga, Andrea R. Genazzani, Frederick Naftolin, Felice Petraglia
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 234 pages 43 illustrations, 33 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Berga, Sarah L.
Genazzani, Andrea R.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISGE Series, 2197-8735
- The hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis: puberty, menstrual cycle regulation and post-reproductive life -- Hypothalamic amenorrhea -- Kisspeptin role in functional hypothalamic amenorrhea -- The role of androgens for body composition and physical performance in women -- Polycystic ovary syndrome -- Metabolism, obesity, thinness and reproduction -- Management of adolescent hyperandrogenism: still a challenge! -- Hormonally-related headaches -- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding in adolescence -- Abnormal uterine bleeding: the standard of care has changed -- Premature ovarian insufficiency therapy in young women -- Practical approaches to managing premature ovarian insufficiency -- Management of transsexuality in an outpatient gynecologic area -- Regulation of proliferation and invasion in endometriosis -- Hormones and inflammation: an update on endometriosis -- Endometriosis and adenomyosis in adolescents, fertile and menopausal women -- Selective progesterone receptor modulators (SPRMs): update on the clinical results in fibroids -- SPRMs for contraception with added health benefits.
- This volume discusses menstrual cycle related disorders, which are a major concern from adolescence to menopause. Starting from hypothalamic pituitary gonadal axis regulation, it analyzes the characteristics and treatments of hypothalamic amenorrhea and eating disorders, as well as polycystic ovary and adolescent hyperandrogenism. It also examines the importance of body composition and physical performance. The book particularly focuses on the diagnosis of and therapies for hormone-related headaches, the management of trans sexuality in the gynecological outpatient area, dysfunctional uterine bleeding and premature ovarian insufficiency. Further, it analyzes the basic, clinical and therapeutic aspects of endometriosis, as well as the important opportunities that SPRMs (selective progesterone receptor modulators) offer in contraception and fibroid therapy. This book is a useful tool for gynecologists, endocrinologists and general practitioners, and is a valuable resource for all physicians involved in women's health.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 27689203