Arts Education and Cultural Diversity [electronic resource] : Policies, Research, Practices and Critical Perspectives / edited by Chee-Hoo Lum, Ernst Wagner
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XVIII, 288 pages 55 illustrations, 39 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Lum, Chee Hoo, Wagner, Ernst, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Yearbook of Arts Education Research for Cultural Diversity and Sustainable Development, 2524-4388 ; 1
- 1 Introduction -- National Policies -- 2 Anchors and Bridges: The Work of the Singapore National Arts Council in Cultural Diversity -- 3 Arts Education Policy and Cultural Diversity in South Korea -- 4 Arts Educators Respond to Challenges in a Diversity-Friendly Country -- 5 Cultural Diversity in Hong Kong Arts Education: From Policy to Practice and Research -- 6 Diversity of Arts and their Status in Public Education in Kenya -- Research -- 7 Intercultural Understanding through the Intervention of a Culture Bearer: A Case Study -- 8 Living in the World of Displacement: Social Integration in Diversity through Art Education -- 9 Dancing Diversity -- 10 Engaging with Fusion in Music Education: Perspectives from Local Musicians in Singapore -- 11 studioFive: A Site for Teaching, Research and Engagement in Australian Arts Education -- Practices -- 12 Dialogues on Difference through Youth Theatre: M1 Peer Pleasure engages The Other in Singapore -- 13 "Who is the True Man?" Exploring Cultural Identity and Diversity through an Educational Drama Project in the Taiwanese History Museum -- 14 Artistic Practices and Cultural Diversity for Peace Building in Colombia -- 15 Harnessing the Transformative Power of Arts and Culture for Social Impact -- 16 Cultural Diversity, Conceptual Pedagogy and Educating Students for their Futures -- 17 Diversity and Museums in Germany -- 18 Diversity Education through Artistic Means in Germany -- Critical Perspectives -- 19 Reclaiming the Arts: Thoughts on Arts Education and Cultural Diversity -- 20 Promoting National Awareness and Appreciation of Cultural Diversity through Arts Education: Compatible Goals? -- 21 A Mapping Conclusion.
- This peer-reviewed academic yearbook stems from the inaugural meeting of the newly formed UNESCO UNITWIN network on Arts Education Research for Cultural Diversity and Sustainable Development, held at the National Institute of Education, Singapore in April 2017. It presents international scholarly perspectives on issues related to arts education and cultural diversity in terms of: i) national and international policies; ii) terms, concepts and vocabularies; iii) current and ongoing research; and iv) best practices. The UNESCO UNITWIN is an arts education research think tank that gathers and leverages original research and critical commentaries on the arts and sustainable development from UNITWIN member states and beyond (Australia, Canada, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong, Kenya, Korea, Israel, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, the Netherlands and the United States of America). .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 27689338