Encyclopedia of Petroleum Geoscience [electronic resource] / edited by Rasoul Sorkhabi
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1,000 pages 200 illustrations, 100 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Sorkhabi, Rasoul and SpringerLink (Online service)
- From the Contents: Part I Petroleum Geoscience: General Topics -- Petroleum geoscience -- Petroleum Geology -- Part II Petroleum Geochemistry & Basin Modeling -- Petroleum -- Petroleum: Origin -- Methane: Non-Organic Origin -- Part III Types of Hydrocarbon Resources including Unconventional Resource -- Fossil Fuels -- Part IV Sedimentology, Stratigraphy & Paleontology -- Sediments & Sedimentary Rocks -- Sediment Provenance -- Diagenesis -- Part V Structural Geology, Basin Tectonics & Mapping.
- The Encyclopedia of Petroleum Geoscience, published in the Springer's celebrated Earth Science Encyclopedia Series, offers a comprehensive platform for topical articles on petroleum geology, geochemistry, geophysics, exploration and development, basin modeling, reservoir simulation, and unconventional hydrocarbon resources. With nearly 250 entry articles written by leading researchers and professionals, the Encyclopedia of Petroleum Geoscience provides a useful educational and reference tool and gives up-to-date overviews of petroleum geoscience. Given the significance of oil and gas resources in world economy and everyday life, and global standing of the petroleum industry in employment, university education, and research funding in geoscience disciplines, this volume will be of wider interest across academic as well as industrial readers. Published both in print and digitally, The Encyclopedia of Petroleum Geoscience can easily be used as a reference book and an overview of technical topics in a non-technical language understandable to educators and professionals. Each entry article in the volume also lists main books and papers in the field for further reading.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature Living Reference
View MARC record | catkey: 27689658