Chemical and Physical Procedures [electronic resource] / edited by Maria Claudia Almeida Issa, Bhertha Tamura
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 400 pages 60 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Issa, Maria Claudia Almeida, Tamura, Bhertha, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- SECTION A: CHEMICAL SUPERFICIAL PEELINGS Chapter 1. Retinoic acid -- Chapter 2. Glycolic acid -- Chapter 3. Salicylic acid -- Chapter 4. Jessner solution -- Chapter 5. Other superficial peelings -- Chapter 6. Combining superficial peelings -- Chapter 7. Non-facial chemical peelings -- SECTION B: CHEMICAL MEDIUM PEELINGS Chapter 8. Trichloroacetic (TCA) peelings -- Chapter 9. Combining TCA peeling.- SECTION C: CHEMICAL DEEP PEELINGS Chapter 10. Phenol solutions for deep peelings -- Chapter 11. Combining phenol peeling -- SECTION D: PHYSICAL PEELINGS Chapter 12. Physical peelings: microneedles -- Chapter 13. Physical peelings: dermabrasion -- Chapter 14. Physical peelings: radioeletric surgery -- Chapter 15. Physical peelings: cryopeeling -- SECTION E - COMPLICATIONS AND SPECIAL PRESCRIPTIONS Chapter 16. Peeling for dark skin -- Chapter 17. Managing peeling complications.
- The series "Clinical Approach and Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology" intends to be a practical guide in Cosmetic Dermatology. Procedures in cosmetic dermatology are very popular and useful in medicine, indicated to complement topical and oral treatments not only for photodamaged skin but also for other dermatosis such as acne, rosacea, scars, etc. Also, full-face treatments using peelings, lasers, fillers and toxins are increasingly being used, successfully substituting or postponing the need for plastic surgeries. Altogether, these techniques not only provide immediate results but also help patients to sustain long-term benefits, both preventing/treating dermatological diseases and maintaining a healthy and youthful skin. Throughout this series, different treatments in Cosmetic Dermatology will be discussed in detail covering the use of many pharmacological groups of cosmeceuticals, the new advances in nutraceuticals and emerging technologies and procedures. This volume discusses in detail the applicability and benefits of chemical peelings. Here are discussed in detail the use of superficial, medium and deep peelings.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature Living Reference
View MARC record | catkey: 27689682