Handbook of Ecomaterials [electronic resource] / edited by Leticia Myriam Torres Martínez, Oxana Vasilievna Kharissova, Boris Ildusovich Kharisov
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Martínez, Leticia Myriam Torres, Kharissova, Oxana Vasilievna, Kharisov, Boris Ildusovich, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Advanced Oxidation Processes -- Environmental Photocatalysis -- Photocatalytic Decontamination -- Water Splitting -- Hydrogen Generation -- Hydrogen Production -- Photocatalysts -- Photocatalysis -- Water Treatment -- Photolysis and Photoelectrochemistry -- Heterogeneous Catalysis -- Photochemical Processes -- Nanomaterials Synthesis -- Wastewater Treatment and Purification Technologies -- Thin Films and Nanotechnology -- Porous Materials -- Artificial photosynthesis -- Hydrogen storage -- Ecomaterials with noise-reduction properties -- Construction materials reinforced with natural products -- Nano-Catalysis -- Degradation of pollutants -- Mesoporous Materials -- Oil Pollutants Degradation -- Titanium Dioxide Film -- Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles -- Photochemical Oxidants -- Biomass -- Green Ecocement -- Glass ceramics from wastes -- Recycled plastics -- Silica fertilizer -- Wood ceramics -- Non-Metallic Building Materials -- Marine block -- Soil ceramics -- Stabilization of heavy metals from industrial wastes into ceramic matrices -- Biobased & biodegradable plastics -- Pre-paint steel and alloys -- Hydrogen absorbing alloys and materials -- Gas separation membranes -- Ion-exchange resin for wastes treatment -- Microbial enzymes -- Absorbents for oil and grease removal -- Catalysts for fuel cells -- Carbon-fiber composites -- Coating materials for construction -- Functionally graded materials -- Lead-free solders -- Halogen flame retardant-free plastics -- Chromium-free steel -- Heavy metal free polyesters -- Vibration dumping steels -- Antibacterial coating materials -- Bone-cream for orthopedic and brain surgery -- Ultra-light steels -- Light-weight alloys -- Heat resistant alloys -- Heat mirror films -- Chromophobic fibers -- Endothermic steels -- High magnetic induction steels -- Silicon for solar cells -- Thermoelectric conversion materials -- Special glasses -- Sealing sheets for solar cells -- Materials for CO2, SOx, NOx emission reduction -- Materials for fixation and removal of radioactive wastes -- Sensors for nanoparticle detection -- Sensors for hazardous gases detection -- "Greener" aspects of materials synthesis -- "Greener" fabrication of nanomaterials.
- In this handbook, the editors systematically present the maximum possible number of known eco-materials, including "cyclic" materials; materials for ecology and environmental protection; materials for society and human health; and materials for energy based on two main criteria: their sources and their functions. Eco-materials (also called "environmentally friendly materials" or "environmentally preferable" materials) are materials that enhance, or refrain from damaging, the environment throughout their life cycles. The chapters are written by global leaders in their fields. The book will cater to the strong and ever-increasing demand for energy, benign materials, and cost efficiency. Eco-materials is arguably one of the most important fields of modern science & technology. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 27689758