Revitalization of Waqf for Socio-Economic Development, Volume I [electronic resource] / edited by Khalifa Mohamed Ali, M. Kabir Hassan, Abd elrahman Elzahi Saaid Ali
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XXXII, 313 pages 38 illustrations, 22 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Mohamed Ali, Khalifa, Hassan, Kabir, Ali, Abd Elrahman Elzahi Saaid, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Role of Cash Waqf Deposit (CWD) as an Instrument for Socio-economic Development: Bangladesh Perspective -- 3. Waqf Philanthropy and Orphans' Socio-Economic Development in Northern Nigeria based on Maqāṣid al-Shari'ah Principles -- 4. FinTech-enabled Cash Waqf: Effective Intermediary of Social Finance -- 5. Experiences and Lessons of Cash Waqf in Bangladesh and other Countries -- 6. The Role of Waqf (Endowment) in Economic Development of Bosnia & Herzegovina: A Historical Overview and Future Prospects -- 7. Using Waqf for Socio Economic Development in Bangladesh: Potentials, Challenges and Policy Directions -- 8. Cash Waqf Deposit Product: An Innovative Instrument of Islamic Banks for Socio-economic Development in Bangladesh -- 9. Can Waqf based Sukuk Reduce Foreign Debt? Case Study of Indonesia -- 10. Opportunities and Challenges of Waqf in Bangladesh: The Way Forward for Socio-Economic Development -- 11. Integration of Zakat and Awqaf for Poverty Alleviation and Development -- 12. Waqf Resource Mobilization for Poverty Alleviation Based on Maqasid Framework -- 13. Islamic Microfinance and Rehabilitation Program for the Slum and Floating Population by the Waqf Funds: A Proposal based on Empirical Evidences for the Muslim Countries -- 14. The Investment of Waqf Properties and Infrastructure Development.
- This book explores the various aspects of Waqf management in isIDB member countries/jurisdictions as well as in non-Muslim majority countries. Topics covered include Waqf regulation, its modernization and relationship to Maqasid Al-Shari'ah; performance of Waqf activities; time and activity-wise distribution of Waqf resource management; the antecedents and consequences of Waqf assets (both physical and cash); the strategies and models to promote Waqf-related activities for greater socio-economic development; good governance practices through the formulation of informed policies for Waqf projects; the confluence of Waqf, zakah, charity, and Islamic microfinance impacting socio-economic development and so on. Comprising different issues and perspectives adopted by various authors/researchers, the book is specifically designed to meet the needs of academics and industry practitioners in the field of Islamic finance to provide general and Shari'ah guidelines on the emerging issues within the subject.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 27690077