Essentials of the U.S. health care system / Leiyu Shi, Douglas A. Singh
- Shi, Leiyu
- Additional Titles:
- Essentials of the United States health care system and U.S. health care system
- Burlington, MA : Jones & Bartlett Learning, 
- Fifth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 390 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Singh, Douglas A., 1946- and Shi, Leiyu
- Major characteristics of U.S. health care delivery -- Foundations of U.S. health care delivery -- Historical overview of U.S. health care delivery -- Health care providers and professionals -- Technology and its effects -- Financing and reimbursement methods -- Outpatient services and primary care -- Hospitals -- Managed care and integrated systems -- Long-term care services -- Populations with special health needs -- Cost, access, and quality -- Health policy -- The future of health services delivery.
- "Essentials of the U.S. Health Care System, Fifth Edition is a clear and concise distillation of the major topics covered in the best-selling Delivering Health Care in America by the same authors. This edition is a well-organized resource that covers the major characteristics, foundations, and future of the U.S. health care system"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781284156720 paperback
- Abridgement of: Delivering health care in America : a systems approach / Leiyu Shi, Douglas A. Singh. Seventh edition. 2019.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27694259