The arts and crafts of literacy [electronic resource] : Islamic manuscript cultures in sub-Saharan Africa / edited by Andrea Brigaglia and Mauro Nobili
- Studies in manuscript cultures, 2365-9696 ; volume 12
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : African history and islamic manuscript cultures / Mauro Nobili -- New strategies in using watermarks to date sub-Saharan islamic manuscripts / Michaelle Biddle -- Fī lawḥin maḥfūẓ : towards a phenomenological analysis of the Quranic tablet / Andrea Brigaglia -- Islamic education and ample space layout in West African islamic manuscripts / Dmitry Bondarev -- A preliminary appraisal of marginalia in West African manuscripts from the Mamma Haidara memorial library collection (Timbuktu) / Susana Molins Lliteras -- Writing in Africa : the Kilwa chronicle and other sixteenth-century Portuguese testimonies / Adrien Delmas -- Bamana texts in Arabic characters : some leaves from Mali / Tal Tamari -- Arabic and Swahili documents from the pre-colonial Congo and the EIC (Congo Free State, 1885-1908) : who were the scribes? / Xavier Luffin -- Moodibbo Bello Aamadu Mohammadu and the Daada Maaje, a handbook in an indigenous Fulfulde script / Mohamadou Halirou -- Elements of a 'Timbuktu manual of style' / Mahmoud Mohamed Dédéou and Shamil Jeppie -- Seven gravestones at the Muslim Tana Baru cemetery in Cape Town : a descriptive note / Alessandro Gori -- Kaʼana Umar's 'CCI Quran' : the making of a Bornuan manuscript in the twenty-first century / Maimadu Barma Mutai and Andrea Brigaglia.
- 9783110541403 (hardcover : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 27699982