Contemporary Perspectives on Ageism [electronic resource] / edited by Liat Ayalon, Clemens Tesch-Rèomer
- International Perspectives on Aging, 2197-5841 ; 19
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Ageism-Concept and Origins: Liat Ayalon & Clemens Tesch-Rèomer -- Ageism: The Relationship between Age Stereotypes and Age Discrimination: Peggy Voss & Klaus Rothermund -- Multiple Marginalizations Based on Age: Gendered Ageism and Beyond: Clary Krekula, Pirjo Nikander, & Monika Wiliânska -- Origins of Ageism at the Individual Level: Sagit Lev -- Work Environment and the Origin of Ageism: Laura Naegele, Wouter De Tavernier & Moritz Hess -- Ageism and Age Discrimination in the Labour Market: A Macrostructural Perspective: Justyna Stypiânska & Pirjo Nikander -- On the Manifestations and Consequences of Ageism: Liat Ayalon & Clemens Tesch-Rèomer -- Ageism in the Third Age: Angela Kydd, Anne Fleming, Sue Gardner, Patricia Hafford Letchfield -- Pathways from Ageism to Loneliness: Sharon Shiovitz-Ezra, Jonathan Shemesh, & Mary McDonnell/Naughton -- Ageism and sexuality: Ateret Gewirtz-Meydan, Patricia Hafford-Letchfield, Yael Benyamini, Amanda Phelan, Jeannie Jackson & Liat Ayalon -- Visual Ageism in the Media: Eugáene Loos & Loredana Ivan -- Ageism and Older Immigrants: Pnina Dolberg, Sigurveig, Sigurºardâottir, & Ursula Trummer -- Ageism in the Health Care System: Providers, Patients, and Systems: Mary F. Wyman, Sharon Shiovitz-Ezra, and Jèurgen Bengel -- Ageism in Medication Use in Older Patients: Daniela Fialovâa, Ingrid Kummer, Margita Drézaiâc, & Marcel Leppee -- Ageism in Mental Health Assessment and Treatment of Older Adults: Mary F. Wyman, Sharon Shiovitz-Ezra, & Jèurgen Bengel -- Ageism and Dementia: Simon Evans -- Ageism and Neuropsychological Tests: Boaz M. Ben-David, Gali Malkin, & Hadas Erel -- Against Ageism : Liat Ayalon & Clemens Tesch-Rèomer -- Ageism and Anti-Ageism in the Legal System: A Review of Key Themes: Israel Doron, Ann Numhauser-Henning, Benny Spanier, Nena Georgantzi, & Eugenio Mantovani -- The Council of Europe's Approach Towards Ageism: Barbara Miko±ajczyk -- The European Union's Approach Towards Ageism: Nena Georgantzi -- Ageism and the Rights of Older People: Annika Taghizadeh Larsson & Hêakan Jèonson -- Educational methods using intergenerational interaction to fight ageism: Marâia del Carmen Requena, Hannah J. Swift, Laura Naegele, Marc Zwambon, Susan Metz, Wilco P.H. Bosems, & Joost van Hoof -- Researching Ageism: Liat Ayalon & Clemens Tesch-Rèomer -- Normative, Empiricist, and Interpretive Considerations in the Ageism Research Process: Fredrik Snellman -- Ageism in a Cross-Cultural Perspective: Reflections From the Research Field: Monika Wiliânska, Astrid de Hontheim, & Els-Marie Anbèacken -- Agisem in the European Region: Finding from the European Social Survey: Hannah J. Swift, Dominic Abrams, Sibila Marques, Christin-Melanie Vauclair, Christopher Bratt, & Maria-Luisa Lima -- Measures of Ageism in the Labour Market in International Social Studies: Liili Abuladze, & Jolanta Perek-Bia±as -- Researching Ageism in Health-Care and Long Term Care: Sandra C. Buttigieg, Stefania Ilinca., Josâe M. S. de Sao Jose, & Annika Taghizadeh Larsson -- Children's Attitudes toward Older People: Current and Future Direction: Joana Mendonðca, Sibila Marques, & Dominic Abrams -- Researching ageism through discourse: Amanda Phelan.
- This open access book provides a comprehensive European perspective on the concept of ageism, its origins, the manifestation and consequences of ageism, as well as ways to respond to and research ageism. The book represents a collaborative effort of researchers from over 20 countries and a variety of disciplines, including, psychology, sociology, gerontology, geriatrics, pharmacology, law, geography, design, engineering, policy and media studies. The contributors have collaborated to produce a truly stimulating and educating book on ageism which brings a clear overview of the state of the art in the field. The book serves as a catalyst to generate research, policy and public interest in the field of ageism and to reconstruct the image of old age and will be of interest to researchers and students in gerontology and geriatrics. This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 27702030