Retratos : 2,000 years of Latin American portraits / Elizabeth P. Benson [and others].
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 302 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), map, portraits (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Benson, Elizabeth P.
National Portrait Gallery (Smithsonian Institution)
Museo del Barrio (New York, N.Y.)
San Antonio Museum of Art
- Overview through time and space -- Faces of Precolumbian society -- Portraiture during the viceregal era (1492-1810) -- The nineteenth century: independence and national identity (1810-1910) -- Portraits in the modern period: point and counterpoint (1910-1980) -- Contemporary portraiture (1980-present).
- 0300106270 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1883502128 (softcover : alk. paper)
- "In association with San Antonio Museum of Art ; National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution ; and El Museo del Barrio."--T.p. verso.
Issued in connection with an exhibition held Dec. 3, 2004-Mar. 20, 2005, El Museo del Barrio, New York, and at four other museums at later dates.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 288-291) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2776201