Accountability : patient safety and policy reform / Virginia A. Sharpe, editor
- Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 276 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Sharpe, Virginia A. (Virginia Ashby), 1959-
- Hastings Center studies in ethics
- Introduction: Accountability and justice in patient safety reform / Virginia A. Sharpe -- Writing/righting wrong / Sandra M. Gilbert -- Life but no limb: the aftermath of medical error / Carol Levine -- In memory of my brother, Mike / Roxanne Goeltz -- Error disclosure for quality improvement: authenticating a team of patients and providers to promote patient safety / Bryan A. Liang -- Prevention of medical error: where professional and organizational ethics meet / Edmund D. Pellegrino -- Medical mistakes and institutional culture / Carol Bayley -- "Missing the mark": medical error, forgiveness, and justice / Nancy Berlinger -- Is there an obligation to disclose near-misses in medical care? / Albert W. Wu -- God, science, and history: the cultural origins of medical error / Kenneth De Ville -- Reputation, malpractice liability, and medical error / William M. Sage -- Ethical misfits: mediation and medical malpractice litigation / Edward A. Dauer -- On selling "no-fault" / David M. Studdert -- Medical errors: pinning the blame versus blaming the system / E. Haavi Morreim.
- 158901023X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 235-261) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2776583