Ecology and conservation of owls / editors, Ian Newton [and others].
- Additional Titles:
- Collingwood, Vic. : CSIRO Pub., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 363 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Newton, Ian
- Introduction to Australian owls / David Hollands -- Population limitation in Holarctic owls / Ian Newton -- Occupancy in relation to site quality in barn owls (Tyto alba) in south Scotland / Iain R. Taylor -- Natal dispersal distances of Finnish owls : results from ringing / Pertti Saurola -- Natal and post-natal dispersal of northern spotted owls (Strix occidentalis) / Eric D. Forsman -- Home-range, movement and dispersal of Lanyu scops owls (Otus elegans) / Lucia Liv Severinghaus -- Detrimental effects of blood parasites on parental effort and reproductive success of Tengmalm's owls (Aegolius funereus) and Eurasian kestrels (Falco tinnunculus) / Erkki Korpimaki ... [et al.] -- Infertility as a cause of hatching failure in the barn owl (Tyto alba) in the Netherlands / Arnold B. van den Burg -- Ecology and behaviour of the forest owlet (Athene blewitti) / Farah Ishtiaq, Asad R. Rahmani & Pamela Rasmussen -- Habitat quality in powerful owl (Ninox strenua) territories in the box-ironbark forest of Victoria, Australia / T.R. Soderquist ... [et al.] -- Urbanisation and the ecology of powerful owls (Ninox strenua) in outer Melbourne, Victoria / Raylene Cooke, Robert Wallis & Alan Webster -- Distribution and habitat of barking owls (Ninox connivens) in central Victoria, Australia / Iain R. Taylor, Indre Kirsten & Paul Peake -- Habitat, breeding and conservation of the barking owl (Ninox connivens) in northeastern Victoria, Australia / Iain R. Taylor, Indre Kirsten & Paul Peake -- Distribution, habitat and abundance of masked owls (Tyto novaehollandiae) in Tasmania / P.J. Bell & Nick Mooney -- Spatial habitat characteristics of an insular spotted owl (Strix occidentalis) population in southern California / Richard B. Smith ... [et al.] --
Effects of habitat fragmentation and slope on the distribution of three owl species in the Manitoba Escarpment, Canada - a preliminary analysis / Heather L. Hinam & James R. Duncan -- Comparative habitat use by owls in a high altitude (1,700-3,000 m) Rocky Mountain forest / Stanley H. Anderson & Kathleen A. Clark -- Comparative diets of the powerful owl (Ninox strenua), sooty owl (Tyto tenebricosa) and masked owl (Tyto novaehollandiae) in southeastern Australia / Rodney P. Kavanagh -- Notes on the diet and observations of the southern boobook (Ninox novaeseelandiae) in southern Victoria / Edward G. McNabb -- Conservation and management of large forest owls in southeastern Australia / Rodney P. Kavanagh -- Large forest owl conservation in the East Gippsland Forest Management Area, Victoria / Andrew D. McIntyre & Stephen R. Henry -- Owls in the southwest forests of Western Australia / G.L. Liddelow, I.B. Wheeler & Rodney P. Kavanagh -- Modelling distributions of large forest owls as a conservation tool in forest management : a case study from Victoria, southeastern Australia / Richard H. Loyn ... [et al.] -- Monitoring large forest owls and gliders after recent logging in production regrowth forests in the mid-north coastal region of New South Wales / Brett Cann, Justin Williams & James M. Shields -- Response to habitat fragmentation by the powerful owl (Ninox strenua), sooty owl (Tyto tenebricosa), masked owl (Tyto novaehollandiae) and other nocturnal fauna in southeastern Australia / Rodney P. Kavanagh & Matthew A. Stanton -- Lessons learned in 30 years of research and management on the northern spotted owl (Strix occidentalis) / Eric D. Forsman --
- Based on papers presented at the Owls 2000 conference held in Canberra, Australia.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 2777287