An accurate map of North America [cartographic material] : Describing and distinguishing the British, Spanish and French dominions on this great continent; exhibiting the present seat of war, and the French encroachments. Also all the West India Islands belonging to, and possessed by the several European princes and states. The whole laid down according to the latest and most authentick improvements / by Eman. Bowen, geogr. to His Majesty and John Gibson, engraver
- Bowen, Emanuel, -1767
- London : Printed for Robt. Sayer, [1775?]
- Physical Description:
- color map ; 102 x 92 cm on 2 sheets 52 x 120 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Gibson, J. (John), active 1750-1792 and Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:5,500,000.
- Hand colored.
Relief shown pictorially.
Shows boundaries, cities and towns, roads, forts, missions, some industries, trails, trade routes, portages, and vegetation.
Also shows Indian villages and tribal territories, routes of navigation in the Gulf of Mexico, and navigational hazards along the coast.
Includes historical notes, references to symbols, notes on territorial claims, and insets of "A particular map of Baffin and Hudson's Bay" and "The passage by land to California."
Described in United States. Library of Congress. The Lowery collection. 1912. No. 409.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 20
View MARC record | catkey: 2779953