Military map of the vicinity of Frankfort, Kentucky [electronic resource] / made by order of Brig. Gen. Q.A. Gillmore, Comd'g District of Central Kentucky, under direction of T.B. Brooks, Capt. Vol. Engr's. A.D.C., by J.H. Brooks, civil assistant to U.S. Topog. Engr's., February 1863
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:4,800. 133 1/3 yds. to 1 in. 13 2/10 in. to 1 mile.
- Shows streets, rivers and creeks, locations of the arsenal and "U.S. Hd. Qrs.," and recommended defensive positions.
Annotated in blue pencil : Positions for defensive works proferred [sic] by Col. Gilbert with force and armament marked blue.
Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
Annotated in ink: A correct copy, [signed] T.B. Brooks, Capt. N.Y. Vol. Engrs. A.D.C., Engineers Office, District of Central Kentucky, Lexington, Ky., Feb. 18, 1863. Also annotated on verso: Vicinity of Frankfort. T.B. Brooks, 1862, No. 26.
From the Orlando M. Poe papers in LC Manuscript Division.
Pen and ink.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 220.5
View MARC record | catkey: 2779997