Colton's new topographical map of the states of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware, showing also eastern Tennessee & parts of other adjoining states, all the fortifications, military stations, rail roads, common roads and other internal improvements [cartographic material] / Compiled from the latest & most authentic sources, on a scale of 12 miles to the inch
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893
- New York : J. H. Colton, 1864.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 80 x 115 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:760,320.
- Printed by Lang & Laing Lith., N.Y. appears in the lower left corner.
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1862 by J. H. Colton."
General map showing state and county boundaries, roads and railroads, fortifications, and place names. Drawings of ships offshore depict the Union blockade of the coast.
1862 editions are listed as entry nos. 25.8-25.9.
Description derived from published bibliography.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 48.2
View MARC record | catkey: 2780339