Colton's railroad & township map [cartographic material] : western states compiled from the United States surveys
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893
- New York : [publisher not identified], 1853.
- Physical Description:
- color map ; 86 x 113 cm folded to 16 x 9 cm
- Detailed map of the north-central states framed in decorative borders indicating drainage, state, county, and township boundaries, cities and towns, canals, roads, railroads, and proposed railroads. [From published bibliography]
- Related Titles:
- Western states
- Prime meridian: Washington.
Relief shown by hachures.
LC also has 1852, 1855, and 1857 editions.
1857 edition differs from the other maps in title location. Lacks "Cincinnati. O." under small view of the city. The map coverage has been shifted west by one degree of longitude. "J.P. Cox Sc." appears under the date in the title.
LC copy signed in ink on verso: Millard Fillmore March 1853
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Railroad maps, 147a
View MARC record | catkey: 2780345