Explorations and surveys for a rail road route from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean [cartographic material] : Route near the 38th & 39th parallels / From explorations and surveys made under the direction of the Hon. Jefferson Davis, Secretary of War, by Capt. J. W. Gunnison. Topl. engrs. assisted by Capt. E. G. Beckwith, 3d artillery. R. H. Kern, topographer in the field. Map made under the supervision of Capt. E. G. Beckwith, 3d artillery by F. W. Egloffstein, topographer for the route
- Egloffstein, F. W., 1824-1885
- [Washington? D.C.] : War Dept.; Engraved by Selmar Siebert, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- 4 maps ; 80 x 61 cm or smaller
- Additional Creators:
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889, Gunnison, J. W. (John Williams), 1812-1853, Beckwith, E. G. (Edward Griffin), 1818-1881, Kern, Richard H., 1821-1853, Siebert, Selmar, and United States. War Department
- Map No. 1: hdl.loc.gov
- Map No. 2: hdl.loc.gov
- Map No. 3: hdl.loc.gov
- Map No. 4: hdl.loc.gov
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Map no. 1. From the western boundary of Missouri to the mouth of Trap Creek.--Map no. 2. From the mouth of Trap Creek to the Santa Fe crossing.--Map no. 3 From the Santa Fe crossing to the Coo-Che-to-pa Pass.--Map no. 4 From the Coo-Che-to-pa Pass to the Wahsatch Mountains.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:760,320; 12 miles to 1 in.
- Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
From U.S. War Department, Explorations and Surveys for a Railroad Route from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Topographical Maps ... to Illustrate the Various Reports ... (Washington, 1859)
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Railroad maps, 160
LC Railroad maps, 161
LC Railroad maps, 162
LC Railroad maps, 163
View MARC record | catkey: 2780564