Map of the battle fields of the Tolopotomoy, and Bethesda Church [cartographic material] : showing the field of operations of the Army of the Potomac commanded by Maj. Gen. George G. Meade U.S.A., from May 28th to June 2nd, 1864 / surveyed under the orders of Bvt. J.C. Duane, Major of Engineers, Chief Engineer, Army of the Potomac, by Bvt. Maj. C.W. Howell, 1st Lieut. of Engineers ; assisted by Messrs. L.C. Oswell, L. Bell, and R.B. Talfor, topographical engineers ; J. Bien, lith., N.Y.
- Howell, C. W.
- [Washington, D.C.?] : [publisher not identified], [1865?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand colored ; 61 x 71 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Meade, George Gordon, 1815-1872, Duane, James C. (James Chatham), 1824-1897, Bien, Julius, 1826-1909, Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe), 1832-1895, and United States. Army of the Potomac
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Related Titles:
- Battle fields of the Tolopotomoy, and Bethesda Church
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale [1:15,840]. 4 in. to 1 mile.
- Relief shown by hachures., From the Orlando M. Poe papers in LC Manuscript Division., Includes note., and LC copy 2 annotated in pencil on verso: Map of the battlefields of Tolopotomy and Bethesda Church, Duane.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 663
View MARC record | catkey: 2781471