Survey of Orange County, Virginia [electronic resource] / made under the direction of A.H. Campbell, Capt. Prov. Eng. & Pr. Top. Dep. by Lieut. Isard [sic], C.S.P.E. ; traced from a map now in progress, April 1863 ; approved April 8th 1863 by Albert H. Campbell, Capt. Prov. Engr., Chief Top. Dep
- Izard, Walter
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ms. ; 44 x 88 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899 and Gilmer, J. F., 1818-1883
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:80,000.
- Relief shown by hachures., Shows the names of some residents., At head of title: Chief Engineers Office, D.N.V., Col. J.F. Gilmer, Chief Eng., Scale derived from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989., On left margin: Loaned to the War Records Office by Maj. Jed. Hotchkiss, Sept. 17, 1892., Pen, drawn on a 3/4-inch grid, mounted on cloth., and Stamped on middle left: 756.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H52
View MARC record | catkey: 2781531