Lloyd's railroad, telegraph & express map of the United States and Canadas from official information [cartographic material].
- Lloyd, James T.
- New York : [publisher not identified], 1867.
- Physical Description:
- color map ; 93 x 128 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Map of the eastern United States showing relief by hachures, drainage, cities and towns, forts and fortification, express companies, railroads, and magnetic telegraph wires. Includes railroads which have been completed and in operation up to July 1863.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:2,300,000.
- Annotated in red and blue to show major railroad and steamboat lines in the North East.
Map is incomplete, left side is missing
Note: "The public are cautioned against another "Lloyd" by whose name he hopes to deceive the public with spurious Lloyd's Maps...."
Description derived from published bibliography.
Insets: Map of the eastern states... 62 x 34 cm.--[Boston] 15 x 12 cm.--[Philadelphia] 12 x 15 cm.--Railroads in Texas. 15 x 14 cm.--Riviere du Loup Branch. 7 x 16 cm.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Railroad maps, 49
View MARC record | catkey: 2781837