Map showing the route of the late expedition, commanded by Rear Admiral Porter, U.S.N., in attempting to get into the Yazoo River by the way of Steel's Bluff [i.e., Bayou] and Deer Creek [cartographic material].
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Navy
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map ; 17 x 25 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:500,000.
- From Report of the Secretary of the Navy, with an appendix, containing reports from officers. December, 1863 (Washington, Government Printing Office, 1863). opp. p. 455., Inset: Plan showing the place from which Gunboats first commenced to fall back, to open communications behind them, which had been obstructed. Scale ca. 1:36,000. 10 x 7 cm., Map is similar in content to the map drawn by A. Strausz, U.S. Coast Survey (entry no. 295), and Description derived from published bibliography.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 295.2
View MARC record | catkey: 2783493