Noort Rivier in Niew Neerlandt [electronic resource].
- Vinckeboons, Joan
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1639?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 ms. map : color, paper backing ; 47 x 69 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale approximately 1:1,650,000.
- Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings., Shows the Hudson River from Manhattan Island to Albany, natural features, and other geographical entities in the region., Pen-and-ink and watercolor., Attributed to Joan Vinckeboons by comparison with his other Dutch maps in Henry Harrisse collection., Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the third volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps of New-Netherland and Manhattan drawn on the spot by Joan Vingboons in 1639.", and Copy imperfect: Part of upper margin of map torn.
- Other Forms:
- Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
View MARC record | catkey: 2783558