Das Boot [videorecording] / Columbia Pictures presents a director's cut restoration from Twin Bros. Productions of a Bavaria Film production in association with Radiant Film ; produced by Günter Rohrbach ; written and directed by Wolfgang Petersen
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Boot, the director's cut
Title in English: Boat
- Culver City, CA : Columbia TriStar Home Video, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (209 min.) : sound, color, double sided ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Petersen, Wolfgang
Grönemeyer, Herbert, 1956-
Wennemann, Klaus, 1940-
Buchheim, Lothar Günther
Twin Bros. Productions
Bavaria Atelier (Firm)
Radiant Film (Firm)
Columbia TriStar Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In German with optional soundtrack in English or Spanish; optional subtitles in English, Spanish or French; closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- Follows the daring patrol of the U-96, one of the famed German U-boats known as the "gray wolves." The crew is graphically portrayed in a life-and-death struggle, challenging the British Navy at every turn.
- Audience Notes:
- Rated R.
- Based on the novel by Lothar-Günther Buchheim.
Originally released as motion picture in 1981.
"Remastered with over 60 minutes of extra footage never seen before on video"--Container.
Special features: The making of/behind the scenes; director's commentary.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Jost Vacano; film editor, Hannes Nikel; music, Klaus Doldinger.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jürgen Prochnow, Herbert Grönemeyer, Klaus Wennemann, Hubertus Bengsch, Martin Semmelrogge.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; Dolby digital 5.1 or Dolby surround; deluxe widescreen presentation (1:85.1).
View MARC record | catkey: 2786590