Recreation Building architectural plans [graphic] : University Park, Pa.
- State College, Pa. : Pennsylvania State College, 1928.
- Physical Description:
- 1 architectural drawing : ink on linen ; 85 x 59 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Pennsylvania State College
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- One architectural drawing of a seating plan for the Recreation Building at the Pennsylvania State University, University Park campus. The drawing is dated Dec. 18, 1928.
- In the University Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#RGN 28).
Scale 1/8 in. = 1 ft.
Oriented with north to upper right.
- Administrative History:
- The Recreation Building was constructed in 1928 and occupied in 1929, with additions in 1952 and 1962-63. It was designed by Charles Z. Klauder. The building was originally named Recreation Hall, but in 1957 was renamed Recreation Building. It is commonly known as Rec Hall. The building houses basketball courts, a jogging track, weight rooms, and numerous other athletic facilities. It was the home of the Penn State basketball program, 1929-1996.
- Index Note:
- Related images have been scanned and are available at http://www.psubldg.libraries.psu.edu/buildings.html.
View MARC record | catkey: 2788199