About Schmidt [videorecording] / New Line Cinema presents a Michael Besman/Harry Gittes production ; producers, Harry Gittes, Michael Besman ; screenplay writers, Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor ; director, Alexander Payne
- [United States] : New Line Home Entertainment, 
- Copyright Date:
- Widescreen version(1.85:1).
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (125 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Gittes, Harry, Besman, Michael, Payne, Alexander, 1961-, Taylor, Jim, Nicholson, Jack, Davis, Hope, 1967-, Mulroney, Dermot, Cariou, Len, Hesseman, Howard, Bates, Kathy, 1948-, Squibb, June, 1929-, Winston, Matt, Glennon, James, 1942-, Tent, Kevin, Kent, Rolfe, Chuck, Wendy, Stewart, Jane Ann, Begley, Louis, New Line Cinema Corporation, and New Line Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English dialogue, Spanish subtitles; Closed-captioned.
- When Warren Schmidt retired, he and his wife, Helen, had big plans - but an unexpected twist changes everything. Now, all of Schmidt's attention is focused on his daughter's upcoming wedding to a loser waterbed salesman. From meeting the groom's hippie parents to sponsoring a Tanzanian foster child, Schmidt embarks on a search for answers, only to discover that life is full of trick questions.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R; for some language and brief nudity.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2002.
Based on the novel by Louis Begley.
Special features: 9 deleted scenes; theatrical trailer; DVD-ROM content.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, James Glennon ; editor, Kevin Tent ; music, Rolfe Kent ; costume designer, Wendy Chuck ; production designer, Jane Ann Stewart.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jack Nicholson, Hope Davis, Dermot Mulroney, Len Cariou, Howard Hesseman, Kathy Bates, June Squibb, Matt Winston.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, Dolby digital, Dolby digital 5.1 surround, DTS, Region 1 encoding.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Shenango copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20078.
- Golden Globes, USA, 2003: Golden Globe - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama (Jack Nicholson).
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 2793540