The immortal germline / edited by Ruth Lehmann
- Cambridge, MA : Academic Press, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (380 pages) : colour illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Lehmann, Ruth
- Current topics in developmental biology, 0070-2153 ; v. 135
- 1. The vertebrate Balbiani body, germ plasm, and oocyte polarity / Allison Jamieson-Lucy and Mary C. Mullins -- 2. Genetic basis for primordial germ cells specification in mouse and human: conserved and divergent roles of PRDM and SOX transcription factors / Anastasiya Sybirna, Frederick C.K. Wong and M. Azim Surani -- 3. Germ cell reprogramming / Kazuki Kurimoto and Mitinori Saitou -- 4. From worm to germ: germ cell development and regeneration in planarians / Melanie Issigonis and Phillip A. Newmark -- 5. Heterogeneity of primordial germ cells / Daniel H. Nguyen, Rebecca G. Jaszczak and Diana J. Laird -- 6. Germline stem cell homeostasis / Jonathan O. Nelson, Cuie Chen and Yukiko Yamashita -- 7. Heterogeneous, dynamic, and stochastic nature of mammalian spermatogenic stem cells / Shosei Yoshida -- 8. Sperm success and immunity / Stuart Wigby, Susan S. Suarez, Brian P. Lazzaro, Tomaso Pizzari and Mariana F. Wolfner -- 9. A symbiont's guide to the germline / Shelbi L Russell, Laura Chappell and William Sullivan.
- The Immortal Germline, Volume 135 in the Current Topics in Developmental Biology series, highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters on a variety of topics, including Balbiani body, germ plasm and polarity, Wolbachia and the germline, Human germ line biology, Reproduction/immunity and sperm success, Mammalian spermatogenesis, Reproduction/regeneration and germ cells in planarians, Germline stem cell homeostasis, Germline soma interactions/sex determination, Reconstituting the mouse germ-cell specification pathway in vitro, Maternal Germ line inheritance of mitochondria, Transposon strategies, and more.
- 9780128097533 (electronic bk.)
0128097531 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27972144