Active ageing : Voluntary work by older people in Europe / edited by Andrea Principi, Per H. Jensen, Giovanni Lamura
- Bristol : Policy Press, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Principi, Andrea
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Realising volunteering by older people in Europe An overarching approach -- one. Introduction: enhancing volunteering in later life in Europe / Andrea Principi -- two. Volunteering in older age: a conceptual and analytical framework / Andrea Principi -- pt. II Opportunities and restrictions for older volunteers National experiences -- three. Older volunteers in Italy: an underestimated phenomenon? / Giovanni Lamura -- four. Older volunteers in Denmark: a large voluntary sector in a highly developed welfare state / Per H. Jensen -- five. Older volunteers in Germany: opportunities and restrictions in the welfare mix / Frerich Frerichs -- six. Older volunteers in England: towards greater flexibility and inclusiveness? / Yuxin Li -- seven. Older volunteers in France: recognising their social utility in a less and less corporatist welfare state / Melissa Petit -- eight. Older volunteers in Poland: the heritage of a Socialist regime / Jolanta Perek-Bialas -- nine. Older volunteers in Sweden: a welfare state in transition / Dominique Anxo -- ten. Older volunteers in the Netherlands: new challenges to an old tradition / Wieteke Conen -- pt. III Opportunities and restrictions for older volunteers Case studies in European voluntary organisations -- eleven. Voluntary organisations' characteristics and practices towards older volunteers / Jolanta Perek-Bialas -- twelve. Organisational reflections on the impact of working and caring on older volunteering / Andrea Principi -- thirteen. Organisations' age management of older volunteers: pointing to the future / Andrea Principi -- pt. IV Conclusions -- fourteen. Conclusions: enhancing volunteering by older people in Europe / Per H. Jensen.
- 'Active ageing' has become a key phrase in discourses about challenges and remedies for demographic ageing and the enrolment of older adults into voluntary work is an important dimension of it. The pattern and factors conditioning volunteering among older people has so far been an under-researched topic in Europe and this is the first book to study volunteering among older people comparatively and comprehensively.
- 9781447307211 (electronic bk.)
1447307216 (electronic bk.)
1306823811 (electronic bk.)
9781306823814 (electronic bk.)
9781447307204 (electronic bk.)
1447307208 (electronic bk.)
9781447354765 (electronic bk.)
1447354761 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
- Copyright Note:
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode
View MARC record | catkey: 27972414