APEC and liberalisation of the Chinese economy / Peter Drysdale, Zhang Yunling and Ligang Song, editors
- Canberra, ACT : ANU E Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (312 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Drysdale, Peter, Zhang, Yunling, Song, Ligang, and Australia-Japan Research Centre
- www.jstor.org , Open Access
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Preliminary; Contents; Tables, figures and abbreviations; Contributors; Preface; Introduction: China's Interests in APEC -- Ross Garnaut, Ligang Song and Peter Drysdale; APEC and the Chinese Economy: Strategic Issues; 1. Liberalisation of the Chinese economy: APEC, WTO and tariff reductions -- Zhang Yunling; 2. Open regionalism, APEC and China's international trade strategies -- Peter Drysdale; 3. The functions of APEC and implications for China: A critical review -- Zhang Jianjun; Australia-China Cooperation in APEC., 4. Australia's APEC agenda-Implications for Australia and China -- Christopher Findlay and Chen Chunlai5. Australia and China: Shared objectives in APEC and the international economic system -- Andrew Elek; APEC, Structural Reform and Sectoral Liberalisation; 6. How important is APEC to China? -- Yongzheng Yang and Yiping Huang; 7. APEC investment, trade liberalisation and China's economic adjustment -- Sun Xuegong; 8. Trade protection in China's automobile and textile industries and its impact on trade liberalisation -- Li Kai., 9. The competitiveness of China's chemical sector: Assessment and implications for EVSL policy -- Sun XuegongEcotech Cooperation; 10. Ecotech at the heart of APEC: Capacity-building in the Asia Pacific -- Andrew Elek and Hadi Soesastro; 11. Promoting APEC's Ecotech initiative -- Chen Luzhi; 12. Economic and technical cooperation: Creating the environment to remove the barriers -- Zhou Xiaobing and Zhao Jianglin; Capital Flows, Technology and Trade Liberalisation; 13. Impact of capital inflows and technology transfer on the Chinese economy -- Zhou Xiaobing., and 14. Exchange rate changes, trade development and structural adjustment in the East Asian economies -- Zhou Xiaobing and Ligang Song15. China's trade efficiency: Measurement and determinants -- Peter Drysdale, Yiping Huang and K.P. Kalirajan; Index.
- "This book assembles papers that were produced under a three year collaborative research program on 'China and APEC' undertaken by the AustraliaJapan Research Centre, in the Asia Pacific School of Economics and Management at The Australian National University and the APEC Policy Research Center, in the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. ... The work on this project and the papers in the volume provide a base for developing ideas that could be helpful to the policy agenda for APEC 2001"--Preface.
- Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (Organization)
- Free trade—China
- International trade
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS—Development Economic—Development
- East Asia, Far East
- Economic growth
- Economics, finance, business and management
- Commercial policy
- Economic history
- Economic policy
- Free trade
- China—Economic policy—1976-2000
- China—Commercial policy
- China—Economic conditions—1976-2000
- Other Subject(s):
- 9781922144577 (electronic bk.)
1922144576 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Title from title screen (viewed 21 December 2013).
"First published by Asia Pacific Press, 2000."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Action Note:
- Selected for archiving
View MARC record | catkey: 27972579