Assessing alternative modifications to the Affordable Care Act : impact on individual market premiums and insurance coverage / Christine Eibner, Evan Saltzman
- Eibner, Christine
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (30 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Saltzman, Evan, RAND Health, and Rand Corporation
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Assessing Alternative Modifications to the Affordable Care Act; Background; Methods; Results; Limitations; Discussion; Endnotes; About the Authors; About This Report; Copyright.
- This report summarizes analysis in which the COMPARE microsimulation model was used to estimate how several potential changes to the ACA, including eliminating the individual mandate, eliminating the law's tax-credit subsidies, and combined scenarios that change these and other provisions of the act, might affect 2015 individual market premiums and overall insurance coverage. Underlying these estimates is our COMPARE-based analysis of how premiums and insurance coverage outcomes depend on young adults' propensity to enroll in insurance coverage.
- United States. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (United States)
- Health Care Reform—legislation & jurisprudence
- Health Insurance Exchanges—legislation & jurisprudence
- POLITICAL SCIENCE—Public Policy—Social Security
- POLITICAL SCIENCE—Public Policy—Social Services & Welfare
- 9780833089649 (electronic bk.)
0833089641 (electronic bk.)
- Title from title screen (viewed on February 24, 2015).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Funding Information:
- This research was sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (Contract No. HHSP23320095649WC, Order Number HHSP23337033T).
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 27972672