The British monarchy on screen / edited by Mandy Merck
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 415 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Merck, Mandy
- Knowledge Unlatched
Open Access e-Books
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Introduction -- part I. Victorian inventions -- part II. The Elizabethan diva -- part III. Images of empire -- part IV. Popular participation in royal representation -- part V. Television's contested histories -- part VI. Monarchy in contemporary anglophone cinema -- Index.
- A rich collection that looks at how the British monarchy has been seen on film and television. It is the first comprehensive look at royalty on screen.
- 9781526113047 (electronic bk.)
152611304X (electronic bk.)
0719099560 (Trade Cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27972968