Cinematic vitalism : film theory and the question of life / Inga Pollmann
- Pollmann, Inga
- Additional Titles:
- Film theory and the question of life
- Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (256 pages) : illustrations
- Film Theory in Media History
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- This book draws new connections between twentieth-century German and French film theory and practice and vitalist conceptions of life from biology and philosophy. Inga Pollmann shows how the links between the two created a modernist, experimental, and cinematic strand of vitalism in and around the movie theatre. Articulated by film theorists, filmmakers, biologists and philosophers, this cinematic vitalism maps out connections among human beings, milieus, and technologies that continue to structure our understanding of film.
- 9789048534005 (electronic bk.)
9048534003 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27973214