Combating terrorism : how prepared are state and local response organizations? / Lois M. Davis [and others].
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND National Defense Research Institute, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxviii, 167 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Davis, Lois M., Advisory Panel to Assess Domestic Response Capabilities for Terrorism Involving Weapons of Mass Destruction (U.S.), United States. Department of Defense. Office of the Secretary of Defense, and National Defense Research Institute (U.S.)
- www.jstor.org , Open Access
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Ch. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Preparedness activities -- ch. 3. Organizations' views about funding needs and relationships between perceived threat, funding, and preparedness -- ch. 4. Conclusions -- Appendix. A. Comparison of distribution of funding and support and preparedness activities -- B. Participation in federally sponsored programs since 9/11 -- C. Weighting and sampling design -- D. The survey instrument -- E. Survey III of federal preparedness programs for combating terrorism : fire department instrument. and Introduction -- Preparedness activities -- Organizationsα views about funding needs and relationships between perceived threat, funding, and preparedness -- Conclusions -- Appendix A: Comparison of distribution of funding and support and preparedness activities -- Appendix B: Participation in federally sponsored programs since 9/11 -- Appendix C: Weighting and sampling design -- Appendix D: The survey instrument -- Appendix E: Survey III of federal preparedness programs for combating terrorism: fire department instrument.
- This book presents the results of the third and final wave of a national survey to elicit assessments of state and local response agencies of the activities they have undertaken after 9/11 to respond to terrorist-related incidents and of federal programs intended to improve preparedness and readiness for terrorism.
- Report Numbers:
- Civil defense—United States—Evaluation
- Terrorism—United States—Prevention—Evaluation
- Emergency management—United States—Evaluation
- Protection civile—États-Unis—Évaluation
- Gestion des situations d'urgence—États-Unis—Évaluation
- POLITICAL SCIENCE—Political Freedom & Security—Terrorism
- POLITICAL SCIENCE—Terrorism
- Emergency management—Evaluation
- United States
- 9780833042392 (electronic bk.)
0833042394 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- "Prepared for the Office of the Secretary of Defense."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 165-167).
View MARC record | catkey: 27973288