Contemporary Irish women poets : memory and estrangement / Lucy Collins
- Collins, Lucy, 1967-
- Liverpool : Liverpool University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Cover; Contents; Acknowledgements; Abbreviations; Introduction: Memory, Estrangement and the Poetic Text; I Concepts; 1 Lost Lands: The Creation of Memory in the Poetry of Eavan Boland; 2 Between Here and There: Migrant Identities and the Contemporary Irish Woman Poet; 3 Private Memory and the Construction of Subjectivity in Contemporary Irish Women's Poetry; II Achievements; 4 Eiléan Ní Chuilleanáin's Spaces of Memory; 5 Medbh McGuckian's Radical Temporalities; 6 Catherine Walsh: A Poetics of Flux; 7 Vona Groarke: Memory and Materiality; Conclusion: Memories of the Future ; Bibliography
- This book examines the intersection of private and public spheres through the representation of memory in contemporary poetry by Irish women. It explores how memory shapes creativity in the work of well-known poets such as Eavan Boland, Eiléan Ní Chuilleanáin and Medbh McGuckian as well as in that of an exciting group of younger poets.
- 9781781382271 (ebook)
9781781381878 (electronic bk.)
1781381879 (electronic bk.)
- Audience Notes:
- Previously issued in print: 2015.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Copyright Note:
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode
View MARC record | catkey: 27973382