Expanding the reach of education reforms : perspectives from leaders in the scale-up of educational interventions / [edited by] Thomas K. Glennan [and others] ; prepared for the Ford Foundation
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxii, 723 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Glennan, Thomas Keith, 1935- and Rand Education (Institute)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Introduction: framing the problem -- Cognitively guided instruction: challenging the core of educational practice-- The national writing project: scaling up and scaling down -- Impediments to scaling up effective comprehensive school reform models -- Scaling up success for all: lessons for policy and practice -- Taking education programs to scale: lessons from the field -- Reaching for coherence in school reform: the case of America's Choice -- A different way of growing -- Co-nect at the crossroads: four considerations on getting to scale -- Scaling up turning points through autonomous regional centers -- Scaling up talent development high schools: lessons learned from comprehensive high school reform -- Taking high schools that work to scale: the evolution of a high school reform program -- The first few years of Edison Schools: ten lessons in getting to scale -- School districts as learning organizations: a strategy for scaling education reform -- Choices and consequences in the Bay Area School Reform Collaborative: building the capacity to scale up whole-school improvement -- Leveraging the market to scale up school improvement programs: a fee-for-service primer for foundations and nonprofits -- Summary: toward a more systematic approach to expanding the reach of educational interventions -- Contributors -- Program descriptions and contact information.
- How does one spread a successful educational reform? The essays here recount the authors experiences with the scale-up process.
- Report Numbers:
- 9780833040657 (electronic bk.)
0833040650 (electronic bk.)
1598751158 (electronic bk.)
9781598751154 (electronic bk.)
9780833036599 (electronic bk.)
0833036599 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- At foot of t.p.: Rand Education.
"MG-248-FF"--Page 4 of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27974233