Habsburg's Last War : The Filmic Memory (1918 to the Present).
- New Orleans : University of New Orleans Publishing, June 2018. and Baltimore : Hopkins Fulfillment Services
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Leidinger, Hannes
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Machine generated contents note: ESSAYS -- Habsburg's Last War in Austrian films, 1918 to the present / Hannes Leidinger -- Remembering World War I in 2014: Films and TV Productions in Austria and a New Path of Visual Memory / Karin Moser -- The First World War in the Czech and Slovak Cinema / Vaclav Smidrkal -- The Contact Zone: In Search of the Galician Theater of War in German Cinemas of the 1920s / Philipp Stiasny -- World War I in Hungarian Motion Picture History, 1914 to 1945 / Morton Kurutz -- Films About World War I in Hungary After 1945 / Laszlo Deak-Sarosi -- Without a Name and a Face: The Austrian Enemy in Interwar Italian Cinema / Francesco Bono -- IMAGES -- All Images -- ESSAYS -- The Decaying Empire and the Human Dilemmas: The Last War of Austria-Hungary in Polish Cinematography from 1918 Onwards / Piotr Szlanta -- "The Empire Means Order": Images of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy in Romanian Fictional Films about the First World War / Eniko Dacz -- Traces of Austria-Hungary and the First World War in Tsarist/Soviet/Russian Cinematographry / Verena Moritz -- The Fall of the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy in Serbian Films / Aleksandar Erdeljanovic -- The Rediscovery of a Forgotten War: The First World War in Slovene Film and Documentary Production / Karin Almasy -- Postscript: A Cinema of Liminality / Thomas Ballhausen -- POSTMATTER.
- A divergent survey of scholarship on World War I cinema produced in succession countries of the Habsburg Empire. This untapped body of film records a contentious phase in world history, from the perspective of an often misunderstood, yet pivotal, region. The volume gathers scholarly essays exploring the intersections between the political, historical, and aesthetic, as expressed in the region's various "moving pictures," with sustained attention to the relationship between artistic representation and collective memory.
- 9781608011575, 1608011577 (Trade Paper), 1608011607, and 9781608011605
- Audience Notes:
- Scholarly & Professional University of New Orleans Publishing.
View MARC record | catkey: 27974758