I don't even recognize you anymore : the limits of the protection of alteration and modernisation of fictitious characters / Carl Dominik J. Niedersüss
- Niedersüss, Carl Dominik J.
- Baden-Baden : Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft ; Augsburg : MIPLC, Munich Intellectual Property Law Center, 2015.
- 1. edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (72 pages).
- MIPLC studies ; volume 24
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Cover; I. Introduction; II. General considerations; A. Character advertisement; 1. Definition of the notion "character"; 2. Reasons for character marketing; 3. The need to adapt; B. Legal considerations on character advertisement; C. Economic considerations on character advertisement; III. Germany and the European Union; A. Trade mark protection; 1. Protection in the national German framework; 2. Protection in the Community Trade Mark framework; B. Copyright; Germany; C. Unfair Competition Law; Germany; D. Other forms of protection; Protection via personality rights?
IV. United States of America A. The federal trade mark system; 1. Protection of characters; 2. Adaptation of trade marks; B. Copyright; D. Other forms of protection; V. Synthesis, conclusion and policy recommendations; List of works cited; I. National Statutes; 1. United States of America; 2. European Union; a) Community Statutes; b) Austria; c) Germany; II. Court Rulings and other decisions; 1. United States of America; 2. European Union; 3. Great Britain; 4. Germany; 5. Austria; 6. International law; III. Journal Articles/Reports; 1. United States of America.
2. European Union 3. International; IV. Treatises; 1. United States of America; 2. European Union; 3. Germany; 4. International.
- 3845257148 (electronic bk.)
9783845257143 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Originally presented as the author's thesis (LL.M.)--Munich Intellectual Property Law Center, Munich, 2013
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27974989