Information systems foundations: constructing and criticising / Dennis N. Hart and Shirley D. Gregor (editors).
- Conference Author:
- Information Systems Foundations: Constructing and Criticising Workshop (2004 : Canberra, A.C.T.)
- Canberra : ANU E Press, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Gregor, Shirley Diane
Hart, Dennis N.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- 1. Foundations of information systems theory and research. The struggle towards an understanding of theory in information systems / Shirley Gregor -- Information systems theory as cultural capital : an argument for the development of 'grand' theory / Douglas Hamilton -- The reality of information systems research / John Lamp and Simon Milton -- Qualitative research in information systems : consideration of selected theories / M. Gordon Hunter -- 2. Research methods, reference theories and information systems. The grounded theory method and case study data in IS research : Issues and design / Walter D. Fernández -- A hermeneutic analysis of the Denver International Airport Baggage Handling System / Stasys Lukaitis and Jacod Cybulski -- Information systems technology grounded on institutional facts / Robert M. Colomb -- Perhaps it's time for a fresh approach to IS/IT gender research? / Phyl Webb and Judy Young -- Reflection in self-organised systems / Maureen Lynch and Carmen Joham -- Strategic knowledge sharing : a small-worlds perspective / Mike Metcalfe -- A unified open systems model for explaining organisational change / Doy Sundarasaradula and Helen Hasan -- 3. Linking information systems theory and practice. Research as an information systems domain / Craig McDonald -- A procedural model for ontological analyses / Michael Roseman, Peter Green and Marta Indulska -- Lessons learned from manual systems : designing information systems based on the situational theory of agency / Simon K. Milton, Robert B. Johnston and Reeva M. Lederman -- Conversations at the electronic frontier : the information systems business language (ISBL) / Douglas Hamilton.
- Papers presented at the second biennial Information Systems Foundations ('Constructing and Criticising') Workshop, held at The Australian National University in Canberra from 16-17 July 2004. The focus of the workshop was, as for the first in the series, the foundations of Information Systems as an academic discipline. The particular emphasis was on the adequacy and completeness of theoretical underpinnings and the research methods employed.
- 1920942211 (electronic bk.)
9781920942212 (electronic bk.)
9781920942205 (electronic bk.)
1920942203 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from ANU E Press titles home page (viewed 27 June 2005).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27975175