Medicines as a service : a new commercial model for big pharma in the postblockbuster world / Soeren Mattke, Lisa Klautzer, and Tewodaj Mengistu
- Mattke, Soeren
- Santa Monica, CA : RAND Health, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 PDF file (11 pages)).
- Additional Creators:
- Klautzer, Lisa, Mengistu, Tewodaj, and RAND Health
- Occasional paper
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Medicines as a Service.
- The pharmaceutical industry can reconfigure its considerable resources to develop innovative and meaningful business models that are based on services related to prescription drugs for chronic conditions. We argue that such innovation beyond the pill is consistent with the core capabilities of large pharmaceutical companies and has the potential to achieve profit levels similar to those of its traditional models. Our argument is based on the fact that, although effective medicines for most chronic conditions exist, access and adherence to medicines are far from what would be needed to achieve full treatment efficacy. Therefore, value can be created by getting and keeping more patients on their drugs, and innovative business models would allow pharmaceutical companies to capture that value.
- 9780833076465 and 0833076469
- Title from PDF caption.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27975827