- Pacific Series
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Overview. 1. The 'new Pacific diplomacy': an introduction / Greg Fry And Sandra Tarte -- 2. 'Charting its own course': a paradigm shift in Pacific diplomacy / H.E. President Anote Tong -- The regional diplomatic system. 3. Towards a new regional diplomacy architecture / Kaliopate Tavola -- 4. The future of the Pacific Islands Forum and the Framework for Pacific Regionalism / Dame Meg Taylor -- 5. The new Framework for Pacific Regionalism: old kava in a new tanoa? / Claire Slatter -- 6. Civil society and the political legitimacy of regional institutions: an NGO perspective / Maureen Penjueli -- 7. A new Pacific regional voice? the Pacific Islands Development Forum / Sandra Tarte -- 8. The new Oacific diplomacy at the United Nations: the rise of the PSIDS / Fulori Manoa -- Fiji's New Diplomacy 9. Fiji's emerging brand of Pacific diplomacy: a Fiji government perspective / Litia Mawi -- 10. Fiji's foreign policy and the new Pacific diplomacy / Makereta Komai -- Geopolitical Context. 11. The strategic context of the new Pacific diplomacy / Michael O'keefe -- 12. New Zealand and Australia in Pacific Regionalism / Nicola Baker -- Sub-regionalism 13. The Renaissance of the Melanesian Spearhead Group / Tess Newton Cain -- 14. negotiating the Melanesia free trade area / Sovaia Marawa -- 15. Micronesian sub-regional diplomacy / Suzanne Lowe Gallen -- Climate diplomacy. 16. Marshalling a Pacific Response to climate change / Nicollette Goulding -- 17. Establishing a Pacific voice in the climate change negotiations / George Carter -- Tuna diplomacy. 18. How tuna is shaping regional diplomacy / Transform Aqorau -- 19. The new Pacific diplomacy and the South Pacific Tuna Treaty / Jope Tarai -- Negotiating trade and decolonisation. 20. Negotiating power in contemporary Pacific trade diplomacy / Wesley Morgan -- 21. Pacific diplomacy and decolonisation in the 21st Century / Nic Maclellan -- Appendices: Thinking 'Outside the rocks': reimagining the Pacific / Hon. Henry Puna -- Melanesian Spearhead Group : The last 25 years / Sir Michael Somare.
- The New Pacific Diplomacy brings together a range of analyses and perspectives on the dramatic new developments in Pacific diplomacy at sub-regional, regional and global levels, and in the key sectors of global negotiation for Pacific states - fisheries, climate change, decolonisation, and trade.
- 9781925022827 (electronic bk.)
192502282X (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27976185