Public sector governance in Australia / Meredith Edwards [and others].
- Acton, A.C.T. : ANU E Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 volume).
- Additional Creators:
- Edwards, Meredith, 1941-
- Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Introduction -- Part I. Context and framework -- 1. Dimensions of governance for the public sector -- 2. Rise of corporate and public governance -- 3. Exploring tensions in public governance -- Part II. Rise of corporate and public governance -- 4. System governance -- 5. Departmental governance -- 6. Board governance in authorities and companies -- 7. Participatory governance -- Part III. Key issues -- 8. Creating and regulating public sector bodies -- 9. Appointments and boards -- 10. Public governance: challenges and issues in an age of uncertainty. and Appendix 1: Methodology for Interview Study 2004-07Appendix 2: Flipchart of FMA Act Agencies and CAC Act bodies, 15/2/12; Appendix 3: The Stages in a Good Appointment Process; References; Index.
- Australia lacks a scholarly book that covers recent developments in public sector governance in Australia and blends cross-disciplinary perspectives from law, management, public administration and public policy. The primary reason for writing this book is to fill the gap in the treatment of this subject, and to provide insights from empirical evidence and current practice. The book provides the first comprehensive theoretical and empirical work on governance in the Commonwealth public sector. It addresses the issues that emerged under the Howard government as well as their handling under the Rudd and Gillard governments. The book aims to enhance understanding of and communication about public governance across government, industry and the community. The authors bring to this book expertise gained from political science, public administration and policy, public and private sector law.
- Public administration—Australia—Decision making
- Intergovernmental cooperation—Australia
- Politics and government
- Public administration
- Society and social sciences Society and social sciences
- POLITICAL SCIENCE—Public Policy—General
- Intergovernmental cooperation
- Public administration—Decision making
- Government - Asia
- Government - Non-U.S.
- Law, Politics & Government
- Australia—Politics and government
- 9781921862908 (electronic bk.)
1921862904 (electronic bk.)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27976838