Reading the Irish woman : studies in cultural encounter and exchange, 1714-1960 / Gerardine Meaney, Mary O'Dowd and Bernadette Whelan
- Meaney, Gerardine, 1962-
- Liverpool : Liverpool University Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 270 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- O'Dowd, Mary and Whelan, Bernadette
- Reappraisals in Irish history ; 
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Cover; Half-title; Title page; Copyright page; Contents; Dedication; Abbreviations; Acknowledgements; Introduction; The Enlightenment; Chapter 1; Chapter 2; Emigration; Chapter 3; Chapter 4; Modernism; Chapter 5; Chapter 6; Conclusion; Bibliography; Index.
- The first analysis of the Enlightenment and Irish women and the most comprehensive study to date of Irish women and American emigration. Irish women negotiated, selected and at times defied the representations of womanhood presented to them in official and commercially sponsored media.
- 9781846319969 (electronic bk.), 184631996X (electronic bk.), 9781781388198, 1781388199, 9781846318924 (electronic bk.), and 1846318920 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 221-255).
- Copyright Note:
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode
View MARC record | catkey: 27976925