Reintegrating Afghan insurgents / Seth G. Jones
- Occasional paper ; OP-327-MCIA
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Ch. 1: Factors that enable reintegration -- ch. 2: Reintegration procedures -- ch. 3: Conclusions: reintegration from the bottom up. and Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Figures and Table; Summary; Chapter One: Factors That Enable Reintegration; Perception of Winning; Coercion; Addressing Grievances; Chapter Two: Reintegration Procedures; Proactive Efforts; Screening; Holding and Security Procedures; Incentives; Engagement of Tribal and Other Leaders; Information Operations; Active Use of Personnel; Chapter Three: Conclusions: Reintegration from the Bottom Up; Notes.
- Examines reintegrating Taliban and other insurgents into their local communities in Afghanistan and outlines steps to facilitate that reintegration process.
- 9780833051585 (electronic bk.), 083305158X (electronic bk.), 9780833051387 (pbk. alk. paper), and 0833051385 (pbk. alk. paper)
- "Prepared for the Marine Corps Intelligence Activity.", "National Defense Research Institute.", and "The research described in this report was prepared for the Marine Corps Intelligence Activity. The research was conducted within the RAND National Defense Research Institute, a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, the Unified Combatant Commands, the Navy, the Marine Corps, the defense agencies, and the defense Intelligence Community under Contract W74V8H-06-C-0002"--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 23-27).
View MARC record | catkey: 27977049